[Neo4j] Turning Off or Configuring log rotation

Peter Neubauer peter.neubauer at neotechnology.com
Thu Sep 22 14:07:27 CEST 2011

Romiko,
I would suggest to do the TX log config via Gremlin for the time
being, so you can resolve it via scripting. For the exposure of the Tx
log rotate size as a configuration property (there are logs for every
XA resource participating in a transaction), please raise an issue at
https://github.com/neo4j/community/issues - good input!

For the flushing to disk, we will merge a Deferred Write feature back
into master soonish (after 1.5) which lets the OS decide when to
flush, if you can stand the risk of a lost flush if things go down.
The REST interface is waiting for the TX to be finished, which is why
it is slowing down when you have big flushes. See
https://github.com/neo4j/community/issues/18 for the ticket on this :)

Would that be ok?

Cheers,

/peter neubauer