[Neo4j] Relationships stored order

Evgeny Gazdovsky gazdovsky at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 23:58:27 CET 2011

2011/10/31 Mattias Persson <mattias at neotechnology.com>

> No, are you thinking about ordering them after property value or by type or
> something else?
>
>  Just we use a special relationships index for storing the order of
relationships.
Like:
r = node.creareRelationship(parent, type);
index.add(r, "ORDER", 1);
r = node.creareRelationship(parent, type);
index.add(r, "ORDER", 2);

And the query via sort() to get relationships in right order.
This way have a very bad performance.
So, I have a question, is there a way get the relationships
in stored sorted order in neo?
If no, I suggest to create optional index (db) on the existing
neo's low level storage for this. We can use an external storage
(just we use bdb-index for the our key-value cache), but think
this like on existing neo's data files, isn't it?

--
Evgeny