[Neo4j] Db connections as we do in mysql ,oracle etc..

Bill Baker billbak at billbak.com
Wed Oct 26 17:47:28 CEST 2011

This might be RTFM, but I am unclear on the APIs to perform three semantics.

I've been creating embedded databases with something like:

GraphDatabaseService graphDb = new EmbeddedGraphDatabase( "var/graphDb" );

How do I instead access an existing database?  Doing the above gives me an error if the database already exists.  Related, how would I know if a database already exists (other than trapping the exception or looking in the file system?)

And do I delete simply by using the OS (from command line or code) to delete the directory structure?

Thanks as always.