[Neo4j] WebAdmin visualization tool for large DB ?

Jacob Hansson jacob.hansson at neotechnology.com
Mon Oct 17 14:29:47 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 12:49 PM, Rick Bullotta <rick.bullotta at thingworx.com
> wrote:

> I think that both Neo4J and webadmin should have the option of specifying
> "first N" relationships as a "limiter".  This limit should be on a
> per-relationship basis (e.g. the first "N" of each type, rather than simply
> the first "N" relationships).  This way, you would be able to visualize all
> of the relationship types that go in/out of the node, but not be overwhelmed
> with one specific relationship type.  Also, it would be ideal if some visual
> cue that there were more relationships of a given type could be provided
> (e.g. a relationship line to a box labeled "...and 10,679 more"

Currently, it would pull down all relationships, and render a group. Since
we've added support for paging traversals since that code was written, we
could do something like what Rick is suggesting. It would be fun to sketch a
bit on how a UI like that could work..

There is quite a bit of stuff in the webadmin backlog, so this won't get
done right now, but it will eventually bubble to the top of the list :)

Jacob Hansson
Phone: +46 (0) 763503395
Twitter: @jakewins