[Neo4j] Beginner Question - Unique IDs

Hesham hesham.amiri at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 20:49:53 CEST 2011

I'm going through the REST documentation and have question:

If I have the following:

User(node) -- Wrote(rel) -- Article(node)

If I want to send an email link to an article I will need to reference the
article by an ID. What I can come up with is this:

a-  Create a unique id and insert it as a property into the article node and
index this property
b - The URL path to the node can be passed to the controller and then can be
used to reference the article

Or maybe there is a Neo4j way of doing all of this that I'm missing.

I'm using the Neo4j add-on on Heroku