[Neo4j] Importing data from oracle to neo4j

Michael Hunger michael.hunger at neotechnology.com
Sat Oct 8 23:14:09 CEST 2011

What is your use-case for importing the DWH data?

How are you going to model the data of the DWH in neo4j. How does the domain-model look like?

BI data is normally denormalized. So for creating a good graph structure it would be sensible to normalize it during the import.

10k rows is not that much. You can import them using the normal neo4j transactional facilities in a few seconds.
For building up your graph model you probably want to index your data or create category nodes to access certain parts of your domain model.

Peter wrote a tool to import relational data into neo4j but that was normalized data where each table was represented by a certain type of node in the graph and foreign key relationships were converted to graph relationships. I don't know if that also handled m:n connection tables efficiently by converting them to relationships too.

HTH

Michael