[Neo4j] Problem Installing Spatial (Beginner)

Craig Taverner craig at amanzi.com
Fri Oct 7 23:12:32 CEST 2011

Sorry for such a late response, I missed this mail.

I must first point out that it seems you are trying to use Neo4j-Spatial in
the standalone server version of Neo4j. That is possible, but not well
supported. We have only exposed a few of the functions in the server, and do
not test it regularly.

The main way we are using neo4j-spatial at the moment is in the embedded
version of neo4j. This is where the maven instructions come in because they
assume you are writing a Java application that will embed the database. If
you are using a java application, and you can start using maven, then
everything should be easy to get working.

However, since I am relatively sure you are using neo4j-server, I think you
are getting into deep water. We need to improve our support for neo4j server
more before I can recommend you try it. The next release, 0.7, is focusing
on geoprocessing features, and then we hope to expose this in neo4j-server
in 0.8. Hopefully then things will be much easier for you.