[Neo4j] Recommended way to enforce constraints?

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Oct 7 03:42:28 CEST 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:00 PM, doubleagent <doubleagent03 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I saw that in the manual.  That doesn't suit my purposes because I'm
> trying to discover holes in neo4j that I have to manually fill, and then
> trying to discover how difficult that is to do.
>
> So, if I've discovered a need for constraints in testing, and I know they
> are used in production system, it doesn't benefit me to side-step the
> problem.

I didn't mean to imply that I would not use an index to enforce a
unique constraint in production.  For my use case, there are few
inserts going on, so I don't expect the overhead of enforcing the
unique constraint to be a big problem.

Note that, although this is a "manual" process in neo4j, there is a
need for both an index and also checking the index when inserting
(either implicit or explicit, depending on the engine) into an RBDMS
as well.

Sean