[Neo4j] Node Id generation deadlock

Cres cresfy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 11:04:52 CET 2011

Mattias: I see your point, and indeed if it weren't for the deadlock, the
transactions would have gotten serialized anyway, even without taking the
lock by removing a fake property, since we do setProperty.
However this only strengthens the question, as it further provides the need
to somehow get rid of that lock in mid-transaction (or by using non-flat
nested transactions, which aren't supported at the moment).

Tuure: We have considered it, but as Balazs mentioned, there are times when
those solutions don't fit, and unfortunately I'm looking for a different
solution at the moment.

Thank you,
Ran.