[Neo4j] Delete a RelationshipType

Craig Taverner craig at amanzi.com
Sun Oct 31 12:33:06 CET 2010

> I think this is because the storage slots of the old relationships is
> not "compacted" but will be reused for new relationships in the future.

I am curious, are there any 'developer tricks' for influencing when old
slots are reused? For example, instead of adding the new relationships
immediately after deleting old ones, but keeping a cache of 'relationships
to add' and adding them a little later. Will that increase the chance of old
slots being reused?

I think this is relevant to cases where the developer wants to keep the
database reasonably compact but does large amounts of deletion and creation.