[Neo4j] Does removing a node/relationship automatically remove it from all indices?

Mattias Persson mattias at neotechnology.com
Fri Oct 29 10:20:47 CEST 2010

2010/10/27 Mattias Persson <mattias at neotechnology.com>

> I assume we're talking about the new integrated index framework (not
> IndexService), right? The Index framework which will replace
> IndexService and has ability to index relationships and all that?
>
> It's not a hard thing to implement the auto self-healing, clearing of
> deleted entities from an index when encountered... I just haven't
> gotten around to it. It's quite a nice feature, since it already hides
> them for you, it might as well delete them for you.

Now the index deletes entities which are no longer in the neo4j graph if
such are encounter during querying. So such encountered entities are kept in
memory and it slips 'em into the next write transaction modifying that index
(just to be as non-intrusive as possible). It's a solution which assumes
you're doing both querying and writes every now an then to indices. How does
that solution work in practice in f.ex. the Gremlin case?