[Neo4j] Node creation limit

Johan Svensson johan at neotechnology.com
Mon Jun 7 10:32:44 CEST 2010

Hi,

These are the current record sizes in bytes that can be used to
calculate the actual store size:

nodestore: 9
relationshipstore: 33
propertystore: 25
stringstore: 133
arraystore: 133

All properties except strings and arrays will take a single
propertystore record (25 bytes). A string or array property will use
one record from the propertystore then as many blocks needed from the
string/array store file (each block of 133 bytes can store 120 bytes
of data). This means if all your strings are in 120 bytes multiples in
size you will make very efficient use of the store file while if they
are empty you will not make very good use of the space (exactly like a
normal filesystem taking up space for empty files).

-Johan