[Neo4j] TimelineIndex usage

Craig Taverner craig at amanzi.com
Fri Jul 23 18:40:58 CEST 2010

> I'm not worried that nodes will become related, I just wanted to make sure
> that
> because they aren't already related that this wasn't going to cause a
> problem
> before I implement the Timeline - I've already spent longer than I'd
> intended on
> this and don't want to reimplement it if it's not going to work because of
> the
> structure of the graph. I don't know the capabilities of the Timeline, but
> guess since the docs don't mention nodes must themselves be related I
> assume
> it'll probably work.

I'm pretty sure the graph created by the index is unrelated to the graph you
create yourself (if any). So you can have your own structures, or none at
all, and it should work fine. If you do have no graph of your own, then the
timeline index would be the only way to traverse to your data. That might
even be what you want.