[Neo4j] feature request for the GUI

Wouter De Borger w.deborger at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 11:29:22 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've been using neo4j for some time now and evaluated various GUI solutions.
(cytoscape, graphviz / xdot, gephi, plantUML)
My conclusion is that the neo4j eclipse gui is often the best solution for
complex structured graphs.

However, I have a few suggestions for improvement. (In order of importance)

- open and close buttons: add buttons to make eclipse close the database
- save configuration: the configuration of which edge types to follow should
be saved, preferably in the database directory, where I can find and adapt
it
- reload button: first close,then open; so that if the database directory is
deleted and replaced, the new database is opened instead of the old one
- export function: save as image, SVG or dot file

Does anyone else have suggestions for the gui?

Wouter

PS: I would implement the suggestions myself, but I'm not very experienced
with eclipse development