[Neo4j] Question about ID indices...

Mattias Persson mattias at neotechnology.com
Fri Jul 16 00:37:22 CEST 2010

In the current IndexService API you can't really query for IDs. But in a new
index framework that I've been working on you can... you can also do
composite queries (allowing you to ask lucene queries directly) and all such
goodies. Lucene is just an implementation whereas the API is generic.

Take a look at https://svn.neo4j.org/laboratory/components/lucene-index/ for
this new (and great) API which hopefully will replace IndexService pretty
soon. Anyways, you could ptentially ask a query like:

    Index<Node> someIndex = myIndexProviderMaybeAGraphDbService.nodeIndex(
"persons" );
    for ( Node node : someIndex.query( "name:Mar?o AND skill:*aphs AND
_id_:*666* ) )
    {
    }