[Neo] Possible causes for: org.apache.lucene.index.MergePolicy$MergeException

Symeon (Akis) Papadopoulos papadop at iti.gr
Tue Jan 26 18:16:45 CET 2010

Hi all

While populating a Neo graph, I got the attached exception
(org.apache.lucene.index.MergePolicy$MergeException. See file for
details: I replaced a local path with [some-local-path]).
My setup is like this: I want to benchmark Neo4j for some operations,
amongst which is graph loading.
So, I try to load graphs of various sizes to Neo4j. Up to size 1M edges
the graphs are loaded without any problem, but then this exception is
thrown. I suspect this has to do with the transaction management in my
program, which is handled by a BatchTxManager (a class written by me,
thus highly likely to be the source of trouble). Does the exception ring
any bells? What could I try out in order to identify the problem?

Best regards,
Akis