[Neo] Change in JTA JAR

Peter Neubauer peter.neubauer at neotechnology.com
Fri Jan 15 15:02:47 CET 2010

Hi Rick,
yes, we replaced the dependency on JTA for two reasons:

1. The jta spec is not downloadable from all public repos because of
some licensing issues with SUN, so it can't be hosted on everywhere
(this might not be the case anymore)

2. Sun's JTA is not OSGi ready, which means that in OSGi environments
you have to replace it with some other, e.g. the Geronimo-JTA classes

3. These are exactly the same interfaces, just OSGi-friendly packaged
for the convenience of everyone.

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

COO and Sales, Neo Technology