[Neo] RFC: Potentially breaking changes in the upcoming 1.0 release

Peter Neubauer peter.neubauer at neotechnology.com
Wed Jan 6 22:26:33 CET 2010

Hi there,
from an OSGi perspective, everything between bundles is handled on
package level. From that perspective, separation of api and impl (and
others) is better separated via org.neo4j.api and org.neo4j.impl etc.
Otherwise, e.g. the org.neo4j.* would be exported from the bundle
containing the api, and any other bundle exporting e.g. some
implementation would be hard to separate from that since it exports
"child" package names to the first one. So, in the OSGi world of
things this is handled by parallel naming schemes like *.api and
*.impl.simple, *.internal etc etc.

Just my 2c, WDYT Andreas Kolleger?

Cheers,

/peter neubauer