[Neo] Lucene search in Shell?

Peter Neubauer peter.neubauer at neotechnology.com
Sun Jan 3 20:53:18 CET 2010

Mattias,
the only thing is, as Marko already mentioned earlier, that we have no
way of discovering which index service a neo4j database has been
indexed with, or if it is indexed at all. That means you have to know
the creating code and use the exact same configuration to set up the
LuceneIndexService or others in order to get the expected results.

Regarding that, there might be a usecase for starting to have
meta-info in a standardized format about a nodespace I am thinking of
e.g.

- Neo4j version that created the nodespace
- Indexers used
- Data license
- maybe optimum underlying FS preferences etc etc

WDYAT?

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

COO and Sales, Neo Technology