[Neo] Trying to install Neo4j on Ubuntu with the Python wrapper

Tobias Ivarsson tobias.ivarsson at neotechnology.com
Sun Jan 3 19:32:09 CET 2010


It looks like you need to set the JAVA_HOME environment variable.

Cheers,
Tobias

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 1:47 PM, Sky Wickenden <sky.wickenden at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi
>
> The import works fine but when I try to create the DB it falls over with
> the
> following error.
>
> >>> neo = NeoService( "/home/sky/Desktop/tmp" )
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>  File
>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/__init__.py",
> line 483, in __new__
>    neo = core.load_neo(resource_uri, params)
>  File
>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/_core.py",
> line 60, in load_neo
>    backend.initialize(**parameters)
>  File
>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/_backend/__init__.py",
> line 60, in initialize
>    raise ImportError("No applicable backend found.")
> ImportError: No applicable backend found.
>
> Looking through the archives I found this post
> http://www.mail-archive.com/user@lists.neo4j.org/msg01589.html. Which
> requested a more detailed error log, included below.
>
> >>> neo = NeoService("/home/sky/Desktop/tmp", log=logger)
> classpath is:
>
> ['/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/classes/shell.jar',
>
> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/classes/remote-neo.jar',
>
> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/classes/index-util.jar',
>
> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/classes/jta.jar',
>
> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/classes/neo.jar',
>
> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/classes/lucene-core.jar']
> ext_dirs is:
>
> ['/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/classes']
> Trying JCC backend.
> Trying JPype backend.
> Importing native backends failed.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File
>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/_backend/__init__.py",
> line 50, in initialize
>    embedded, remote = implementation.initialize(classpath, params)
>  File
>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/_backend/reflection.py",
> line 38, in initialize
>    jvm = jpype.getDefaultJVMPath()
>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/jpype/_core.py", line 96, in
> getDefaultJVMPath
>    return _linux.getDefaultJVMPath()
>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/jpype/_linux.py", line 36, in
> getDefaultJVMPath
>    jvm = _getJVMFromJavaHome()
>  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/jpype/_linux.py", line 55, in
> _getJVMFromJavaHome
>    if os.path.exists(java_home+"/bin/javac") :
> TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'str'
> Trying pure Python backend.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>  File
>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/__init__.py",
> line 483, in __new__
>    neo = core.load_neo(resource_uri, params)
>  File
>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/_core.py",
> line 60, in load_neo
>    backend.initialize(**parameters)
>  File
>
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Neo4j.py-0.1_SNAPSHOT-py2.6.egg/neo4j/_backend/__init__.py",
> line 60, in initialize
>    raise ImportError("No applicable backend found.")
> ImportError: No applicable backend found.
>
> I have tried reinstalling both  JCC and JPype, and both seem to be working
>
> Would appreciate any help. Thanks
> Sky
> _______________________________________________
> Neo mailing list
> User at lists.neo4j.org
> https://lists.neo4j.org/mailman/listinfo/user
>



-- 
Tobias Ivarsson <tobias.ivarsson at neotechnology.com>
Hacker, Neo Technology
www.neotechnology.com
Cellphone: +46 706 534857


More information about the User mailing list