[Neo] REST API, newbie question

Mattias Persson mattias at neotechnology.com
Fri Feb 19 11:51:56 CET 2010

Great to hear!

So, if we try to take java out of the equation as much as possible
you'd have to do something like this:

1) Go to the Neo4j wiki:
http://wiki.neo4j.org/content/Java_Setup_HowTo#Building_from_source
and follow that guide about how to get Maven installed and properly
setup.

2) Checkout the REST component from subversion:

       svn co https://svn.neo4j.org/laboratory/components/rest neo4j-rest

3) Start a neo4j graph database instance with the REST API on top of
it with the "start" script in the neo4j-rest/ folder (make sure that
you're using Java 6 or later for the REST component):

       cd neo4j-rest/
       ./start   (or on Windows: start.bat)

...you will now witness maven download a bunch of dependencies, but
that's completely normal and will only happen this first time. Maven
will also build the REST code for you. After a while you'll see:

      Running server at [http://localhost:9999/]
      Press ENTER key to kill the server

And then you know you're up and running.

Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com