[Neo] Obtaining cache statistics

Johan Svensson johan at neotechnology.com
Fri Feb 19 10:50:26 CET 2010

Hi,

I think the easiest way would be for you to instrument the code in
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.core.NodeManager (check for nodeCache.get and
relCache.get calls).

Another way would be to let the application run the same
traversal/query many times in a row with different heap sizes. If
later iterations of the same traversal are not converging towards the
same time (faster than a cold run) there may be a problem with the JVM
settings and/or kernel configuration.

Regards,
-Johan