[Neo] Obtaining cache statistics

Georg M. Sorst georgsorst at gmx.de
Thu Feb 18 17:37:56 CET 2010

Hey list,

what would be the best way to obtain cache statistics from Neo4j, stuff
like hit / miss ratio for the node / relationship cache etc. I guess I
could always try profiling and check for the relevant methods but is
there a better way?

More generally speaking, if your application is slow and you suspect the
cache might have something to do with it how would you proceed? While
there is some info about configuring the cache and some rough guidelines
on the recommended sizes I could not find a way to get hard numbers for
tuning.

Thanks and best regards,
Georg