[Neo] Neo4j failing transactions after a day of tiny load

Johan Svensson johan at neotechnology.com
Wed Feb 17 12:47:55 CET 2010

Ah now I understand. All the cache settings you are using in that
configuration are for the old cache and will have no effect on the
default soft reference based one. To tweak the soft reference based
one you need to tweak the JVM, here is an introduction:

http://jeremymanson.blogspot.com/2009/07/how-hotspot-decides-to-clear_07.html

We need to make that clearer in the documentation that those cache
settings only apply if "use_old_cache=true" is set.

-Johan