[Neo] Neo4j on appengine or hbase

Tobias Ivarsson tobias.ivarsson at neotechnology.com
Sun Feb 14 22:24:39 CET 2010

Any venture like this would require a reimplementation of the Neo4j API
(and/or parts of Neo4j) on top of the desired platform (appengine, hbase,
S3, or whatever). If anyone would like to take on something like this a
shortcut might be to build it using the remote-graphdb component, or at
least to use that code for inspiration, since it's smaller than Neo4j
kernel, and does not deal with it's own persistence.

/Tobias

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Atle Prange <atle.prange at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am also curious of this. I would like to experiment in neo4j over a
> distributed hashtable, for example Voldemort or Hazelcast
>
> -atle
>

> On Wed, 2010-02-10 at 09:13 -0800, Raul Raja Martinez wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anybody ever tried running neo4j on top of appengine or hbase?
> > I'm interested from the point of view of High availabiliy or a Graph
> > so big that would not fit on a single server.

Tobias Ivarsson <tobias.ivarsson at neotechnology.com>
Cellphone: +46 706 534857