[Neo] Some newbie questions about indexing

Thomas Andersson greddbullen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 10:58:02 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm new to neo4j and have some questions about indexing using
IndexService and Lucene.

If I create a LuceneIndexService as mentioned in the examples like this:

IndexService index = new LuceneIndexService( graphDb );

Have I understood it correctly if I assume that the index is persisted
and stored in the same directory as the neo4j database itself? Or is
the index in memory only?

Does the index share the same transaction handling as neo4j itself?
That is, if a for example do the following:

Start a neo4j transaction
Add a node to neo4j
Add an entry to the index for the node
Roolback the transaction

Will the index be rolled back as well? Or do I have to manually remove
the index entry?

Best regards,
Thomas