[Neo] org.neo4j.impl.transaction.TransactionFailureException: No mapping found for branchId

Raul Raja Martinez raulraja at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:43:36 CET 2010

I'm not registering or configuring anything special as far as the
NeoEmbedded store goes.
We have been purposely crashing our app in the middle of transactions and
killing the jvm processes to test data integrity under unexpected crashes.
Despite this being a bug we are very happy with the outcome because as of
today we have always been able to restart, and the worst case we have been
in so far
has been solved by removing the transactions logs.

2010/2/5 Johan Svensson <johan at neotechnology.com>

> Hi,
>
> This could be a bug. Do you use the XA-framework
> (org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.xaframework) to register any
> additional data sources?
>
> If not this is a bug since the global transaction log finds an entry
> with branch id "262374" and no data source has been registered for
> that branch id. Would be great if you could write a test case that
> triggers this bug or send me the active_tx_log together with
> tm_tx_log.1 & tm_tx_log.2 logs next time it happens.
>
> Regards,
> -Johan
>
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM, Raul Raja Martinez <raulraja at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm not sure if this is a known bug or it has already been fixed.
> > I'm seeing this in 1.0-b11-SNAPSHOT.
> >
> > Sometime after killing an app running Neo I'm unable to restart the
> > app as it always fails creating the EmbeddedNeo object.
> >
> > Caused by: org.neo4j.impl.transaction.TransactionFailureException: No
> > mapping found for branchId[0x262374]
> >        at
> org.neo4j.impl.transaction.XaDataSourceManager.getXaResource(XaDataSourceManager.java:182)
> >        at
> org.neo4j.impl.transaction.TxManager.getXaResource(TxManager.java:867)
> >        at
> org.neo4j.impl.transaction.TxManager.buildRecoveryInfo(TxManager.java:385)
> >        at
> org.neo4j.impl.transaction.TxManager.recover(TxManager.java:231)
> >        at org.neo4j.impl.transaction.TxManager.init(TxManager.java:159)
> >        at org.neo4j.impl.transaction.TxModule.start(TxModule.java:79)
> >        at
> org.neo4j.api.core.NeoJvmInstance.start(NeoJvmInstance.java:154)
> >        at org.neo4j.api.core.NeoJvmInstance.start(NeoJvmInstance.java:64)
> >        at
> org.neo4j.api.core.EmbeddedNeoImpl.<init>(EmbeddedNeoImpl.java:68)
> >        at org.neo4j.api.core.EmbeddedNeo.<init>(EmbeddedNeo.java:49)
> >
> > A workaround is to manually remove the transactions logs
> >
> > active_tx_log
> > tm_tx_log.1
> > tm_tx_log.2

Raul Raja