[Neo] Fwd: Repository Lock problem

Anton Popov popov.UA.work at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 13:13:27 CET 2010

Hello everybody,

What can I do if my repository was locked by the thread that is not already
in the process list?

Trying to connect to that repository I get following exceptions:

The store seem locked. Start a read-only client instead (y/n) [y]? n
Can't start client with local neo4j service:
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.TransactionFailureException: Could not
create data source [nioneodb], see nested exception for cause of error
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.TransactionFailureException: Could not
create data source [nioneodb], see nested exception for cause of error
    at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.TxModule.registerDataSource(TxModule.java:148)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.GraphDbInstance.start(GraphDbInstance.java:123)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.GraphDbInstance.start(GraphDbInstance.java:65)
    at
org.neo4j.kernel.EmbeddedGraphDbImpl.<init>(EmbeddedGraphDbImpl.java:69)
    at
org.neo4j.kernel.EmbeddedGraphDatabase.<init>(EmbeddedGraphDatabase.java:56)
    at
org.neo4j.shell.StartLocalClient.tryStartLocalServerAndClient(StartLocalClient.java:138)
    at org.neo4j.shell.StartLocalClient.main(StartLocalClient.java:64)
    at org.neo4j.shell.StartClient.main(StartClient.java:66)
    at
    at
    at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.XaDataSourceManager.create(XaDataSourceManager.java:71)
    at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.transaction.TxModule.registerDataSource(TxModule.java:142)
    ... 7 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to lock store
[/home/a/tmp/neo4j/data/neostore], this is usually a result of some other
Neo4j kernel running using the same store.
    at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.CommonAbstractStore.checkStorage(CommonAbstractStore.java:224)
    at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.CommonAbstractStore.<init>(CommonAbstractStore.java:148)
    at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.AbstractStore.<init>(AbstractStore.java:102)
    at org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.store.NeoStore.<init>(NeoStore.java:51)
    at
org.neo4j.kernel.impl.nioneo.xa.NeoStoreXaDataSource.<init>(NeoStoreXaDataSource.java:139)
    ... 13 more

--
Best regards,
Popov Anton