[Neo] Discussions on Google Waves

Peter Neubauer peter.neubauer at neotechnology.com
Thu Feb 4 00:06:47 CET 2010

Fred,
we have been discussing moving some of the discussions onto Google
Wave, but for the time being this was not deemed as a channel that
would add big value to the existing ones, mainly because of unsolved
archiving, publishing and participation patterns that will have to
emerge first. We will closely observer Google Wave establishing itself
in the field of written communication and reevaluate when we see the
first other OSS projects using it successfully. Sorry for the
suspicions but we are keen on not being a first mover in that respect
- communications are really important here and we don't want to risk
breaking things or putting constraints on participation.

For casual communication, we actually reverted to the #neo4j channel
at irc.freenode.net which is much older than e.g. XMPP, Jabber or
GTalk but has the right tone, feeling and cosyness. Strange but true
:)

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

COO and Sales, Neo Technology