[Neo4j] Neo4J logs and the Embedded Server

Johan Svensson johan at neotechnology.com
Wed Dec 15 11:39:52 CET 2010

At the moment the following information will be logged to the messages file:

o How Neo4j was configured on startup
o OS and JVM info together with available RAM and heap size
o The Neo4j version used
o Information about classpath in use
o Garbage collector in use
o Failure information related to startup and shutdown
o Information related to recovery on startup after non clean shutdown
o Logical log information (performing backups or rotation of the log)

Normal operation when all is well or when user performs operations
that are invalid (resulting in an exception) is not logged.

/Johan