[Neo4j] Reference Node Issue

Chris Diehl diehl at alumni.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 13 16:29:39 CET 2010

That I did not realize. Thanks for the clarification Mattias. Chris

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 18:00:30 +0100
From: Mattias Persson <mattias at neotechnology.com>
Subject: Re: [Neo4j] Reference Node Issue
To: Neo4j user discussions <user at lists.neo4j.org>
2010/12/12 Chris Diehl <diehl at alumni.cmu.edu>
> What is interesting is that the reference node, when accessed from
Gremlin,
> appears to have no outbound edges. So it's not clear to me what purpose it
> serves if that picture of its state is correct.

If you don't create any relationships to it, there will not be any. It's not
special from other nodes, it just is the node that is accessible from
GraphDatabaseService#getReferenceNode() and you control yourself which
relationships are created to it.