[Neo4j] Problem compiling neo4j-rdf-sail

Schmidt, Dennis dennis.schmidt at sap.com
Wed Dec 1 01:21:38 CET 2010

Hi all,

When I try to compile the latest version of the neo4j-rdf-sail, to include neo4j with Sesame, I'm getting en error message from maven:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]   The project org.neo4j:neo4j-rdf-sail:0.6-SNAPSHOT (C:\Downloads\neo4j-rdfsail\pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Failure to find org.neo4j:parent-pom:pom: 7-SNAPSHOT in http://repo.aduna-software.org/maven2/releases was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of aduna-repo has elapsed or updates are forced and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 4, column 11 -> [Help 2]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
[ERROR] [Help 2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException

I get a similar error message with the 0.5 tag as well. As I understand that from the error message and the referenced maven help documents, I'm obviously missing some external pom file, that's not included in the SVN for the neo4j-rdf-sail itself. But how do I fix that? Hope somebody could give me some clarification. I am not really familiar with maven I have to add. So what confused me a bit was, that removing the <parent>.*</parent> part of the pom made maven compile something. However, the final tests failed and also there was no final *.jar file created (which I'd expect as the outcome of the whole building process, right?)

Cheers, Dennis