[Neo4j] Neo4j Java Rest Client

Jacob Hansson jacob at voltvoodoo.com
Mon Aug 23 19:34:11 CEST 2010

As far as I know, there is currently no Java implementation of a client to
the REST server available. Until there is one you can, however, talk to it
through Java just like any other REST service using, for instance, the
jersey REST client. It won't be as high-level as the EmbeddedGraphDatabase
or the GraphDatabaseService, but it will work.

Here's a quick guide on using the Jersey Client:

http://blogs.sun.com/enterprisetechtips/entry/consuming_restful_web_services_with

/Jacob

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Amir Hossein Jadidinejad <
amir.jadidi at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> We have a graph database and a bunch of applications that use it (each
> application run a special graph algorithm on this database-a framework for
> special graph).We want to provide a REST server and change the
> application's
> code in order to interact with the REST server instead of the same embedded
> database.
> There are some pages in the wiki that describes installing and running
> neo4j-rest and get/post methods in JSON.
> I'm not familiar with accessing REST service through a Java client. Would
> you
> please help me? An example that compare EmbeddedGraphDatabase with REST
> service
> is great.
>
> Kind regards

Jacob Hansson