[Neo4j] Automating transactions

Rick Bullotta rick.bullotta at burningskysoftware.com
Fri Aug 20 16:24:13 CEST 2010

I recommend a hybrid approach of # of operations + time limit.  Otherwise,
in periods of low activity, you could run a chance of a reasonable # of
transactions being discarded on a system failure.  We have chosen to use
both rules for "flushing" writes - after "n" writes or after "m"
milliseconds.

In our case, we ended up queuing writes internally and having worker
thread(s) handle this process in the background.