[Neo4j] BatchInserter & GraphDatabaseService pointing to the same graph db

David Montag david.montag at neotechnology.com
Mon Aug 16 13:07:45 CEST 2010

Hi Honnur,

I believe that you will have to shutdown() the EmbeddedGraphDatabase first
before using the BatchInserter. And keep in mind that the BatchInserter
should only be used from a single thread. You could of course build your own
GraphDatabaseService that delegates to these two implementations, but you'd
have to take the threading aspect into mind. And you'd have to
re-instantiate the EmbeddedGraphDatabase for caching reasons though, and
then you'd lose your whole cache. So I'd say, just go with
EmbeddedGraphDatabase.

Please explain the "dynamic" usage and your scenario more.

David