[Neo4j] Use of LuceneFulltextIndexBatchInserter

Paddy paddyfitz at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 07:06:42 CEST 2010

Thanks Peter,
Sounds good, Yes that would be a great addition to the graph-algo! I would
love to contribute but I'm not sure where to begin, it looks pretty
complicated. Also I noticed the ExperimentalAStar in
org.neo4j.graphalgo.impl.path . What is the difference between AStar.java
and the ExperimentalAStar.java ?

found some very interesting slides too regarding a bidirectional A*:

Bidirectional A* on Time-Dependent Graphs
http://ctw08.dti.unimi.it/slides/B5/B5-1-Nannicini.pdf

It describes the European road network as: "roughly 18M nodes, 42M arcs".

and

"A very good implementation of Dijkstra’s algorithm explores on average 9M
nodes and takes more than 6 seconds
(european road network): it’s too long!"

&

http://www.cs.princeton.edu/courses/archive/spr06/cos423/Handouts/EPP%20shortest%20path%20algorithms.pdf-
page 4

Thanks