[Neo] help w/ neo4j sesame sail

Mike Grove mhgrove at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 20:31:42 CEST 2010

I'm trying to get the Neo4j Sesame Sail up and running so I can compare it
with the other various RDF databases available and i'm getting an odd error
on startup.

I checked out the neo4j-rdf project (0.7 SNAPSHOT) and compiled it,
downloaded the APOC (v1.0), checked out and compiled neo4j-rdf-sail, and
checked out the core neo4j repository and compiled meta-model & util.  With
each of these in my class path along with the Sesame libs, I was able to get
my small piece of test code to compile and run.

However, I'm getting the following NoSuchMethodError when trying to
initialize the graph database & wrap it in a sail:

org.apache.lucene.index.
IndexWriter.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/lucene/analysis/Analyzer;ZLorg/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter$MaxFieldLength;)V
    at
org.neo4j.rdf.fulltext.SimpleFulltextIndex.createLuceneDirectory(SimpleFulltextIndex.java:191)
    at
org.neo4j.rdf.fulltext.SimpleFulltextIndex.startUpDirectoryAndThread(SimpleFulltextIndex.java:148)
    at
org.neo4j.rdf.fulltext.SimpleFulltextIndex.<init>(SimpleFulltextIndex.java:138)
    at
org.neo4j.rdf.fulltext.SimpleFulltextIndex.<init>(SimpleFulltextIndex.java:115)
    at
org.neo4j.rdf.fulltext.SimpleFulltextIndex.<init>(SimpleFulltextIndex.java:109)
    at dbtester.Runner.main(Runner.java:231)

Obviously I've got the wrong version of something along the chain.  Can
anyone give me a clue to what versions I should be grabbing, or is there a
single module I can grab and compile that will contain everything I need for
the Sail?

Oddly, the program doesn't terminate after this exception, well it actually
never terminates; I left it running for about 30 hours and it never finished
reading in the data from disk which is the first thing the program does.
The file is relatively small, only about 6.5 millions triples, which most
systems can load in somewhere between 90s and 1h depending on which is being
used.  I'm guessing that my setup is contributing to this result, but I am
curious if anyone has tried using the sail with a dataset in this order of
magnitude.

Thanks for any guidance.

Cheers,

Mike