[Neo] Fwd: Feedback request

Mattias Persson mattias at neotechnology.com
Wed Apr 21 12:51:05 CEST 2010

Forgot to CC the mailing list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mattias Persson <mattias at neotechnology.com>
Date: 2010/4/21
Subject: Re: Feedback request
To: Niels Hoogeveen <pd_aficionado at hotmail.com>
Cc: Neo Devteam <devteam at neotechnology.com>

I'd say go for it, but you could bump the version (in pom.xml) to
0.9-SNAPSHOT before committing so that it doesn't break for people doing an
mvn -U. And then when doing changes in meta-model-import also bump its
version.

It's great to see you making these changes and additions!

Some things I saw and don't totally agree with :)

   - The names MetaModelPropertyType, MetaModelRelationshipType. It sounds
   to me that they only describe the type of property/relationship... f.ex.
   that it's a String or integer... or that the relationship type is "KNOWS".
   So I'd vote to name them MetaModelProperty/MetaModelRelationship. (the same
   goes for the MetaModel???Restri
   - Also you changed some (not all) LOOKUP_??? contants to
   ..._RELATIONSHIPTYPE_... so maybe change those back to ..._RELATIONSHIP_...
   - I see that "restrictables" have no common super interface and that the
   restrictables for property/relationship are close to identical. Make a
   super-interface for those and you could remove a lot of code from their
   implementations.
   - The same goes for PropertyRange/RelationshipTypeRange (which I think
   should be called RelationshipRange btw); they are almost identical and it
   hurts my eyes to see so much duplicated code, if you don't mind my saying
   so. So if you unify the ???Range classes (with a super-class) and makes the
   super-interface of the restrictables have a generic parameter T extends
   TheSuperClassForRanges you'd get so much for free (less/cleaner code,
   maintainability, etc)!

I haven't looked at all your changes/additions, but I feel it's better to
iterate over it when/if issues arise.

Nice work

 Hi Mattias,