[Neo] Dispell the myth? FlockDB vs. Neo4j

Neil Ellis neil.ellis at peepwl.com
Tue Apr 13 16:51:55 CEST 2010

Hmm..

Yep, that sounds about right.

I wonder how long it would have taken to write a sharding abstraction for their use case compared to writing FlockDB, but hey I'm not trying to second guess the problems they have at hand.

I myself am pretty ruthless about what technologies I use, it just doesn't take a genius to shard many graphs by hand and how long would it take to use a hash based sharding for example on the client and then do something like:

node.setProperty("node.ref", "node://shard-name/nodeId")

on a node acting as a proxy when creating a relationship to a node outside of the current shard.

Sure, the logic is in the application, but you're going to write an abstraction around Neo to translate into the appropriate domain anyway (as we always do with persistence)?

Sorry going tangental .....