[Neo] Dispell the myth? FlockDB vs. Neo4j

Peter Neubauer peter.neubauer at neotechnology.com
Tue Apr 13 13:20:31 CEST 2010

Mmh,
FlockDB seems to be focused on making the graph very flat (just
user->followers) in order to be able to partition it. In that respect,
it almost implements a document model. I think the most interesting to
start with would be to implement it under Gremlin and run some algos
on in in order to test. Emil will write up more on FlockDB, but I
imagine the characteristics are more these of a Document DB than of a
Graph DB.

We will need to get a better grip on it before jumping to conclusions though.

Cheers,

/peter neubauer

COO and Sales, Neo Technology

GTalk:      neubauer.peter