[Neo] How to efficiently query in Neo4J?

Alastair James al.james at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 15:04:37 CEST 2010

On 9 April 2010 07:50, Peter Neubauer <peter.neubauer at neotechnology.com>wrote:

> Marko and me tried to summarize what is working especially good with
> Graph Databases and what not:

Yes, but in my mind, my use case is a *perfect* example of what should work
well in a graph DB. It is an exact example of inforamtion organised by
related categories and other relations. After all, in effect, every website
IS a graph already. Using a graph data model allows us to build site engines
that are can harness the flexibility of the web without requiring loads of
joining tables as typically found in SQL databases that try model this.

So therefore, I do not accept that this is not a good use case for graphs. I
probably presented a too simplistic example of just posts and tags, but I
envisage a system where posts relate to posts, to tags, tags relate to tags
whatever. It would be a *nightmare* to implement in SQL.

So, I suppose this question boils down to, is there an efficient way to
calculate the union of two traversals without retrieving all result sets and
performing the union in user code?

Al