[Neo] org.neo4j.api.core.NotFoundException: Node[7] not found.

Johan Svensson johan at neotechnology.com
Thu May 14 16:06:12 CEST 2009

Andreas,

NeoIndexService is built managing a tree inside the node space and is
based on the MultiValueIndex. Single/multi value indexes works better
if you have some specific parts of your domain that needs to be
indexed (ex. see Timeline). If you have the "index all properties"
problem we recommend using LuceneIndexService.

External search alternatives such as Compass are just as good. Neo4j
is a graph database and not a full text search engine so the plan has
always been to integrate towards other solutions when needed.

Assume LuceneIndexService implementation is thread safe since there is
currently some bug in multi value index :)

But any public API implementation under org.neo4j.* should be thread
safe unless documented otherwise (if not it is considered a bug).

-Johan