[Neo] Persist control

Emil Eifrem emil at neotechnology.com
Fri May 8 07:35:13 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 02:04, Solomon (Sung) Wu (solowu)
<solowu at cisco.com> wrote:
> I am wondering, is there a mode to run neo4j in in-memory mode without
> persisting?  Or alternatively, is there a mode to run it in-memory, then
> say persist to persist the entire data graph set into persistence at a
> time chosen by developer?  Thank you.  :)

At the moment, there's no purely in-memory implementation. However:

   1) From a runtime perspective, if you just give the JVM enough RAM
then the Neo4j kernel will keep everything cached, in effect turning
it into an in-memory solution for reads with write-through.

   2) I know that Tobias was hacking on a way to mock up a NeoService
for unit testing, which really is an in-memory Neo4j. This was a while
ago though and I'm not sure if it was ever finished.

What is your specific use case?

Emil Eifrém, CEO [emil at neotechnology.com]
Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com
Cell: +46 733 462 271 | US: 206 403 8808
http://twitter.com/emileifrem