[Neo] Newbie Question - Possible FAQ Addition?

Tobias Ivarsson tobias.ivarsson at neotechnology.com
Tue May 5 23:45:29 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Ivan Lazarte <ivan.lazarte at gmail.com>wrote:

> So I know I'm just missing something very basic here, but lets say I have 3
> nodes representing users.   The users have first name, last name, and email
> properties.  Now say I have 2 million users.
> How do I efficiently implement findUserByEmail ?

By creating an index that maps email to nodes. You will need to use the
index-util component for this: http://components.neo4j.org/index-util/

I wrote a response to the very same question less than two hours ago:
http://lists.neo4j.org/pipermail/user/2009-May/001166.html
So I guess we _really_ need to improve our FAQ on the aspect of indexes.

Thank you Ivan for bringing this to our attention.

Tobias Ivarsson <tobias.ivarsson at neotechnology.com>
Cellphone: +46 706 534857