[Neo] Using a Date class as property value in a Node

ஸ்ரீராம் கீர்த்தி sriramkeerthy at gmail.com
Sun May 3 20:29:22 CEST 2009

Hi users,
I have started using neo4j for personal web project. I want to store a
creationDate property with every node/relationship that gets created in the
object graph. But as per documentation, only java primitives, String, array
of Strings can be stored as property value.

I think that most of the users would have come across scenarios where
storing an utility JAVA object like Date etc., would have been necessary in
the application.

How is this generally handled in application using neo4j? Is there any
common pattern (toString() etc.,) that you implement to handle storing
custom java objects as property values (OR) do you have your own custom
implementation (custom logic) to achieve this?

- keerthy