[Neo] VerboseQuadStore and spaql

Emil Eifrem emil at neotechnology.com
Fri Jan 30 03:23:33 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Lyudmila Balakireva <ludab at lanl.gov> wrote:
> Hello,
> I was testing sail rdf  component  and  I  made test store based
> on    VerboseQuadStore .
> I have problem with predicate  in sparql .  If I  specify  predicate
> like  ?x dc:type ?z  the query does not returning anything. (I do
> have  dc namespace prefix). It is work if I do (?x?y?z) or (?x ?y
> "snow")  or url in subject or object position.
> It is work with specific predicate if I do getStatements().
> Any clue would be great.

Hi Luda,

Our Sparql support is so-so: it's optimized *enough* for the
particular commercial use cases that our Sparql-swinging customers
have required so far. And the ?s predicate ?o pattern may very well be
one that hasn't been required (yet). But Mattias would know more about
this than me. Mattias?

It's weird though that it works in getStatements(). How have you
configured and assembled your components? Also, do you use
Sparql-over-SAIL or the Neo4j Sparql engine?

Emil Eifrém, CEO [emil at neotechnology.com]
Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com
Cell: +46 733 462 271 | US: 206 403 8808