No subject

Wed Apr 29 21:31:29 CEST 2009

very well. However, the SQL model is inherently less flexible than the graph
database model (what if I want to introduce a new relationship type, in a
traditional SQL schema that would require new join tables etc...).

>   I'm sure there's a graphy-model for the tag/post example that could be
>   made smoking fast with Neo also.

Hopefully! I suppose my question is "I would like to be able to harness a
graph database to give flexibility and eloquence to our data model. However,
can I query it efficiently without domain specific hacks and extra layers of
code?".

Al

Dr Alastair James
CTO James Publishing Ltd.
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/3/914/163

www.worldreviewer.com

WINNER Travolution Awards Best Travel Information Website 2009
WINNER IRHAS Awards, Los Angeles, Best Travel Website 2008
WINNER Travolution Awards Best New Online Travel Company 2008
WINNER Travel Weekly Magellan Award 2008
WINNER Yahoo! Finds of the Year 2007

"Noli nothis permittere te terere!"