[Neo] Multi-Threaded access

Emil Eifrem emil at neotechnology.com
Mon Apr 13 18:39:48 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 17:47, Ashwin Jayaprakash
<ashwin.jayaprakash at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I see that JTA is supported, but are there any
> limitations/recommendations to Neo4J being used in a server environment?
> Like how many read and write requests it can handle concurrently?

Hi Ashwin,

There are no artificial limitations on the amount of concurrent
read/write requests the Neo4j kernel can handle. In general, a read
operation doesn't block other reads and write operation will acquire a
write lock for every resource it mutates. That write lock will block
other writing requests but allow concurrent read requests to read the
old value.

So the actual upper limit on number of concurrent operations will be
set by the JVM / OS and how much contention your access patterns will
lead to on your data set.

Emil Eifrém, CEO [emil at neotechnology.com]
Neo Technology, www.neotechnology.com
Cell: +46 733 462 271 | US: 206 403 8808