[Neo] neo4j subprojects

Anders Nawroth anders at neotechnology.com
Mon Sep 29 16:52:44 CEST 2008

Hi!

How to stay updated on what's happening in the different neo4j subprojects?

At the moment I think the commits mailing list or svn logs are the best
options, but still not a good solution.

I took a look at other projects, for instance OPS4J:
http://wiki.ops4j.org/confluence/display/ops4j/Open+Participation+Software+for+Java
where news from the subprojects are found here:
http://wiki.ops4j.org/confluence/pages/viewrecentblogposts.action?key=ops4j
aggregated from the single project news like this one:
http://wiki.ops4j.org/confluence/display/ops4j/Pax+Drone
There's also a short overview with links on the main page of OPS4J.

IMHO Neo4j needs something like this, to make it easy for a newcomer to
find out what's happening around neo4j. It would require developers to
write a short entry sometimes.

What do you think? Is it good idea? Any experiences regarding software
to use for this?

/anders