[Neo] Modelling advice

Jonny Wray jwray.develop at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 00:37:47 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm in the process of moving an application over from an RDF based graph
store to Neo. So far it's being great but I'm currently hitting a modelling
question that I'm sure some experience with the technology would help, and
so I'm asking the group.

The situation is that I have two related entities but that relationship is
supported by some evidence, and I'd like to represent that evidence somehow
and make it available for display, filtering, traversal decisions etc. A
single relationship between two nodes can be supported by multiple pieces of
evidence, and each piece of evidence can have multiple properties (eg
publisher, type, probability, etc). So, my basic question is how would this
sort of situation be modelled using Neo?

Now, I could model this using edge properties by storing evidence types and
instance identifiers as well as property names in the edge property keys,
but I'm wondering if this is the best approach, or is maybe a combination of
another data store (eg an embedded object store with evidence objects
available via the source and target nodes) a better approach?

Any thoughts or relevent experiences are welcome,

thanks
Jonny